Search This Blog

If I were to remake Funkeys, would you play it?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Give Me Funkeys Or Give Me Death

So you might've heard me complain about having Windows 7 Home Premium in a previous post and how it won't run Funkeys... Well, I spent a week or two trying to figure out how I could possibley play. Solution: found! :D

At first I tried to play XP mode on Windows 7 which didn't work because it is only available on Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, not Home Premium. So I decided to find an ISO for Windows Ultimate and install a virtual machine to run it on. I did, and I spent a whole day downloading Windows 7 Eternity (The hacked Ultimate) and installing it. Turns out you can't download XP mode unless your Ultimate it legit. SO! Then I decided, why not make a virtual machine for XP Professional? So I made a Windows XP Black Edition (Hacked Professional) using the same process and tried to install Funkeys. An error message comes up!! So I Google the error message and solve THAT problem. Now I can play Funkeys!!! Unfortunately, all my data is deleted upon uninstalling/reinstalling. But wanna know what I did? Before I uninstalled I save every file to a flashdrive so I could copy my data to the folders once it was up and running on my new laptop. YAY!! So now I'm playing Funkeys like I never left!!! :) Add me I'm DANTEANDFFM

2 comments:

Jairo said...

Did you copy your user files or the update things? Cause' y'know it asks if you already have a file for such an event, and all you haff'ta do to retrieve it is type in your unique funkey name.

... But if what you did was copy over the funkeys updates (paradox green) then alrighty then.

Speaking of updates... do you happen to have Paradox Green, I recently re-installed Funkeys and am at the the Dream State update, and I can't put in a Paradox Green funkey to use that to update due to some error (I'm pretty sure it's cause Mattle doesn't store the update anymore, right?) So if you have it, think you could send it my way? :3

FFM said...

I copied everything over. Both files and updates, and everything else for that matter... Shoot me an email at ashleyanastasia@hotmail.com and I will email you the updates and anything else you need.